In today’s manufacturing industry, laser cutting technology has become an indispensable part. Among them, many manufacturers have chosen fiber laser cutting machines because of their high efficiency, accuracy, and environmental protection.
Fiber laser cutting machines have many good performance features, but the cutting machine equipment needs to be properly controlled and used to perform its functions stably. If the control is misused, not only will it not be able to perform well, but it will also be damaged.
So, with so many brands and models of fiber laser cutting machines on the market, how do you choose the equipment that best suits you? This article will provide a detailed buying guide to help you easily choose the right laser-cutting machine.
Understand the Principles and Characteristics of Fiber Laser Cutting Machines
1) The basic principle of laser cutting: Laser cutting irradiates the surface of the material with a high-energy-density laser beam, causing the material to quickly melt, vaporize, or reach the ignition point. At the same time, the melted or burning material is blown away with the help of auxiliary gas, thereby realizing the material of cutting.
2) Characteristics of fiber laser cutting machine: using optical fiber transmission, high precision, fast speed, smooth cutting surface, small heat-affected area, environmental protection, etc.
Key Factors When Purchasing Fiber Laser Cutting Machines
1) Cutting thickness: Choose the appropriate cutting thickness according to production needs. Generally speaking, the cutting thickness of the laser cutting machine should be greater than the thickness of the cutting material required for production.
2) Power and speed: Power determines the depth and speed of cutting, and cutting speed directly affects production efficiency. Generally speaking, the higher the power, the faster the cutting speed.
3) Machine accuracy and stability: Accuracy and stability are important indicators for measuring laser cutting machines, directly affecting the final cutting effect and product quality.
4) Auxiliary systems: such as dust removal, cooling systems, etc. These systems can protect equipment and improve cutting quality.
5) After-sales service: Choose a brand with good after-sales service to ensure that equipment failures can be resolved promptly.
How to Choose the Power of Laser Cutting Machine?
The laser power of the fiber laser cutting machine has a considerable impact on the cutting speed, slit width, cutting thickness, and cutting quality. The amount of power required depends on the characteristics of the material and the cutting mechanism. For example, materials with good thermal conductivity, high melting point, and high surface reflectivity require larger laser power. Generally, when other conditions are certain, there is a laser power that achieves the best cutting quality in laser cutting processing. If the power is further reduced or increased, slag hanging or over-burning will occur, decreasing processing quality.
In addition, as the discharge voltage of the fiber laser cutting machine increases, the intensity of the laser will increase due to the increase in the input peak power, so the diameter of the spot increases and the width of the slit increases accordingly; as the pulse width increases, the laser The average power will increase, and the width of the laser slit will increase; usually, as the pulse frequency increases, the slit will also become wider. When the frequency exceeds a certain value, the slit width will tend to decrease.
Frequently Asked Questions and Solutions
Poor cutting quality: It may be caused by insufficient laser power, too slow cutting speed, too large cutting depth, etc. The solution is to adjust the laser power, cutting speed, and depth, or replace with higher quality cutting materials.
Cutting size exceeds limit: Some laser cutting machines may have maximum cutting size restrictions. The solution is to choose a cutting machine of the right size or to pre-treat the material before cutting, such as cutting it to the right size.
Knife jamming occurs during cutting: it may be caused by blade wear, incorrect blade position, etc. The solution is to replace the blade or adjust the blade position.
The device won’t start or stop working: It could be a power issue, a device failure, etc. The solution is to check the power supply and contact after-sales service for maintenance.
Other Matters Needing Attention
Keep the environment around the equipment clean: avoid dust, debris, etc. from entering the equipment and affecting its normal operation.
Please check the use of wearing parts such as blades and optical fibers, and replace or repair them in time.
Avoid touching hot parts while the equipment is running to avoid burns.
Ensure that operators have appropriate operating skills and knowledge to avoid equipment damage or production safety accidents caused by improper operation.
Follow the safety guidelines in the equipment instruction manual to ensure safe operation of the equipment.
Fiber laser cutting machines have become a powerful tool in the manufacturing industry due to their high efficiency, accuracy and environmental protection. When purchasing, we need to understand the principles and characteristics of the equipment and pay attention to key factors such as cutting thickness, power and speed, accuracy and stability, auxiliary systems, and after-sales service. Through the introduction of the main brands and models on the market, we can choose the equipment that suits us. During use and maintenance, we need to understand the operating procedures and precautions, regularly adjust cutting parameters, keep the equipment clean, and perform care and maintenance.
In the future, with the continuous advancement of technology, the performance of fiber laser cutting machines will continue to improve. We look forward to the emergence of more innovative products and applications to bring more convenience and benefits to the manufacturing industry. Hopefully, this article will provide you with a comprehensive buying guide to help you make an informed choice when purchasing a fiber laser cutting machine.